Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Respectful Communities Policy: outlines NSCC’s commitment to respectful interactions within our NSCC community, as well as the processes for students and for employees to support incidents of concern. Respectful Communities Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sexual Violence Policy: Safety and security also includes freedom from sexual violence. This policy and associated processes outline how NSCC will respond to an issue of sexual violence. Respectful Communities Consultant: email@example.com
- Employment Equity Policy: Equitable employment and professional development opportunities are a key aspect of creating a healthy workplace culture. This policy outlines NSCC’s commitment to employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
- The Employee Workplace Accommodations Policy: outlines NSCC’s commitment to provide a working and learning environment free from discrimination and to address employee needs with accommodations in accordance with the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act.
- 2SLGBTQ+ Employee Resource Network. Contact: Joe Fraser, Director, Human Rights and Equity Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- African/Black Nova Scotian Employee Resource Network. Contact: Jill Provoe, Senior Advisor, Educational Equity: email@example.com
- Indigenous Employee Resource Network. Contact: Jude Gerrard, Senior Advisor, Mi’kmaq and Indigenous Initiatives: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Health Disability Coordinator is a confidential role within the College who acts as a connection point with employees, Morneau Shepell’s Case Manager, your manager, ES Advisors and medical practitioners when required. NSCC Health & Disability Coordinator: Sherri Butler, email@example.com
In addition to College policies and associated roles, unions also serve as a source of information and support for employees on a variety of topics, many of which relate to workplace mental wellness.
NSGEU President, Local 267: Janice Nugent;firstname.lastname@example.org